About Me: Eirycat

I love reading Martha Cecilia Novels. In fact, I only read Filipino Ramance Novels that written by Martha Cecilia. I started reading her novels in 2000. The first 2 books I ever had were "Ikaw, Ikaw Ang Iniibig Ko" and "With This Ring..." These books were actually reprints. As a reader, you can actually see the "Sold More 15,000 copies" label. That got me curious. These books were actually borrowed. A friend lend them to me.

Reading these two books gave me different feelings. The story, characters, and the way it was written had captured me. I have experienced the emotions embedded in the novels. That was when I take note of the Author, Martha Cecilia.

Since then, I started collecting all novels written by my favorite author. During those early days, I only got 20 copies. Those were the only available stocks sold in our local bookstore in "Golden Bell" here in Zamboanga City. We don not have National Bookstore and Golden Bell no longer sell pocketbooks published by Precious Hearts Romances. Today, Golden Bell seems to be bankrupt.

Anyway, the lack MC Novels sold in Zamboanga Did not stop me. My cousin studying in Cebu and my friend in Bacolod provided me the books. I usually get my fill during summer vacation. A time when she went home. Gradually, I was able to add books to my collection.

Sometime in 2004, A friend gave me the email address of Martha. That was when I decided to published the Martha Cecilia Novel Online. My intention was to list all of the Novels written by Martha Cecilia. The list was only few. Because friends contributed title list and teasers, I was able to finally list all of them.

I got to know MC then. She had extended her friendship to me. That got me going. After a year, we encountered some problems. There were conflicts between MC and other writers. So, I closed the guest book hosted by freewebs, which we used to exchange messages then.

After a week, I decided to put up the eirycat.proboards50.com. I thought, we should move on to a forum like website. Since then, Martha Cecilia Novels Online had moved to another level. We had a growing online community. And the rest is already chronicled in our Message Board.

0 comments:

Post a Comment